Why ducted gas heating?
In most areas, electricity costs are rising faster than gas, so natural gas heating offers a cost-effective alternative. Plus it's kinder to the environment, as it produces fewer greenhouse gas emissions than most other forms of heating.
• Australian Gas Association research found that gas ducted central heating produced just one third of the emissions of heating produced by black coal-generated electricity. (Source: Assessment of Greenhouse Gas Emissions from Natural Gas, Australian Gas Association, 2000).
• When it gets really cold outside, as is the norm in Canberra, reverse cycle systems lose efficiency, while ducted gas systems keep your home as warm as you want it – no matter how cold it gets outdoors!
• Ducted gas heating provides instant warmth that won't dry out your eyes.
• Ducted gas heating heats your whole home – delivering lovely warm air through unobtrusive vents in the ceiling or floor.
• You get fingertip control – increasing or decreasing the temperature to suit you and your family.
The higher the star rating, the more efficient the heater. Ratings measure what percentage of gas used in the heating process is converted into heat. The higher the rating, the closer to 100% of the gas is being converted into heat. Energy efficiency is of particular concern to Canberra residents as a large percentage of household energy costs are associated with providing adequate heating during the long winter months. The old adage of heaters turned on, Anzac Day heaters off mid- October is a pretty accurate guide to the length of the Canberra heating season
Gas heating provides constant heat output regardless of the outside temperature